Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Slug Control

I'm lucky enough to live in an area that does not have many slugs.  For those of you that do contend with them, here's an idea.

I was going through some old magazines, and found this diagram of a slug bait container.  It's a two liter pop bottle.  Cut off one end and tuck that end inside the larger piece that's left.  Staple or tape the piece in place. 

Add slug bait.  Place this bottle in the dirt where slugs are a problem.  After you catch some slugs, you can either take it apart and clean it out or just toss the whole thing and start over.

An iron phosphate product like Sluggo is the best slug bait to use.  It is not toxic to people or pets.

Here's a link to all of my pest control pages on my website.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I just fling the stuff all over but then mine is not an edible garden. [Email coming soon.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, what a great idea. I will definitely give it a try this year, I might need a bunch of them...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My yard is so sunny that I haven't really had much trouble with slugs so far. But what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete