Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Organization

Food gardening on a grand scale can become a very complicated endeavor.  You probably have ways that work for you to keep yourself organized.

Here are a couple of mine.

For organizing my planting plans, I use an Excel spreadsheet.  This year's spreadsheet is shown below. 


This format allows me to see at a glance what I need to start in the house, plant in the greenhouse, and then plant outside when the weather warms up.  The numbers in the boxes are my notes about the quanity and exact dates to plant. 

I organize my seeds with a large plastic file box.  It allows me to keep each type of seed seperate and easily accessible.  I've used the box below for years. 


Lastly, just because I imagine that you are as starved for color as I am, here's a photo of the daffodil bouquet that was sitting on our dining room table for several days. 

                                       




There are more tips for planting and growing your garden at my website.

1 comment:

  1. You've got to be organized to have success on this scale. I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete